Monday, July 11, 2011

Kiana Holmes- Sensory Excerise

About a year ago a friend and I decided to travel to the Eiffel Tower. When we got on the plane our flight seemed to last forever but luckily I got the window seat where I enjoyed a view of the sky! My friend Mona only got to enjoy the sanitized smell of the cabin. As our plane landed the people began to scatter and one lady was in such a rush she tripped and rolled down the stairs. From there we decided to catch a cab. Who's radio you could hear a block away. Nearing the Eiffel Tower we thought we should walk to take pleasure in the scenery. You could smell the sweet aroma of the bakeries and we started to get hungry. Mona said "I want something spicy!" But I like my food salty so we agreed on a fresh pastry. They were awful. Mine was gritty and bland.

When we finally made it to the tower I was so excited I accidently punched Mona in the arm. She got a little mad at me but then the sun began to set and we could only stare. I could see all the beautiful colors from the place we were standing. It had been a long day so we headed back to the hotel to go to bed. I was awoken early by a ripping sound. Mona was trying to rip pages from a magazine. “What?” she said “I like their clothes.”

Off to a late start as normal we had to sprint to the farm we were visiting. At the local farm the old man offered us some milk for breakfast. Thinking it would be delicious farm fresh and all I took a huge gulp. I had just brushed my teeth so my mouth was a little minty it made the milk taste sour. The old man showed us around the animals and stalls which smelled of manure. Then took us to a small stream where you could hear the water trickle down the rocks. When the tour was over he wished us a farewell with his was ruff and callous hands. When we started down a hazy road back to town and I stated “Next time we will plan our trips better!”

No comments:

Post a Comment